CAPSiDE, systems engineering company with high expertise, is offering a position for a systems/devops engineer with at least 2 years of experience.
CAPSiDE is a high-tech and high-growing company (27% growth on 2012 over 2011), with a solid, highly qualified and stable team. We are one of the few AWS Advanced Consulting Partners in Europe. Come to visit us to learn more about CAPSiDE and to meet our team.
As a CAPSiDE engineer you will join our best-of-breed operations team where you will:
- Learn to listen and understand the inquiries and problems of the clients.
- Learn in deep by solving real problems and operating DNS, FTP, mail servers, web servers, virtualization systems and database servers, in Linux and Windows environments.
- Learn to design & operate systems architectures for business-critical systems platforms.
You will work guided by a senior engineer, who will help you acquire and master the technologies that you will use.
At CAPSiDE you will have the opportunity to:
- Have fun working in a highly technical environment, with some of the best systems engineers you can find, and learning every day.
- Learn through ongoing training by the company in multiple technologies: network, databases, operating systems, clustering systems… (we spend more than 5% of our revenues in staff training every year)
- Manage critical systems for our customers, many of them from leading companies of their industry.
- Build complex systems for mission-critical projects.
- Analyze and improve systems’ performance, and help to automate the systems management.
- Interact with customers, understanding their needs, and find and design the best technological solution.
- Respond to incidents, diagnose their root cause and fix the underlying problems, designing improvements to avoid the problems to be repeated.
- Good written and spoken English
- Knowing how to properly express yourself writing
- Ability to work as a team
- Be willing to learn a lot and quickly
- Knowledge in programming, if you can code in Perl, Shell Script and/or PowerShell is a plus
- Some experience or good knowledge in sysadmin of Linux and/or Windows
- Knowledge about AWS components, services & architectures is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Information Security & IT Service Management is also a plus
- Enjoy the intellectual challenge, the technical difficulties… and Futurama
Even if you feel you don’t have experience in any of these areas, but if you’ve been working or experimenting with some of the following technologies on your own and you liked it, you have the profile for the position:
- TCP/IP Networks
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, Autoscaling, IAM, SES, SQS, SNS…
- High availability and clustering
- Web servers: Apache, Lighttpd, NGINX, IIS
- Programming Languages: Perl, PHP, Java, Python, Shell Script, PowerShell, C#
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, MariaDB, Oracle… and some No-SQL
- Mail Servers: qmail, postfix, exim, sendmail
- DNS Servers: bind, tinydns
You will learn more about these technologies than what you know now… and others that you may have never heard of: DRBD, Galera, MS Integration Services, HA-Proxy, Perlbal, Gearman, Catalyst, Mojolicious, Pacemaker… and many more!
Working Hours: full time
To stand as a candidate, please send an email with your CV (even better if you have it in English!) to: